Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Bonjour Nouvelle Caledonie!

Minako finally left home before 5am on 8 May.
After three hour flight, I arrived Noumea.
This tree protects New Caledonia from disease such as malaria. Guardian of this country.
Ouvea Island - The Island closest to Heaven -
This island is extremely famous for a novel written by Japanese lady 40 years ago. Since I read that when I was at 10, I've always wanted to visit here. Finally my dream came true...

Lost for words...

Blue sky, white sand and clear water...

By stopping over on a way to Japan, I had a chance to face my days in NZ and future in Tokyo where I'd never lived for two days in such a beautiful place like a heaven.

I also met a new friend who was passionate about sustainable tourism in New Caledonia than local people. Even though my dream to visit this island closest to Heaven came true, I feel I will visit this beautiful island again sooner or later.

No comments: